About Manta Mae
Launched in 2014, Mantamae is a gorgeous Phinisi boat style. The Mantamae captures the spirit of Indonesia and offers a unique opportunity to experience her beauty. The ancestors to the modern Phinisi are the vessels that transported spices from the islands known as the “East Indies”. For centuries, native people have sailed from South Sulawesi across the shallow seas of the Indonesian Archipelago. The great age of sail, which ended in the West in the early twentieth century, never quite ended in Indonesia.
The Phinisi is a traditional two master sailing ship, Indonesian wooden boat. Indonesian Phinisi schooners that can be seen at full sail all around Indonesian seas for centuries, have been made of iron wood. Phinisi Shipbuilding in Bira- Sulawesi has a long tradition and has been handed down through generations. This fascinating shipbuilding culture is based on the myth of the creation of the first boat by their ancestors. Now the mystical beliefs of the ancient mythology are still strong in every process of making Phinisi boats, which always begins with a ritual. The modern wooden boat, Phinisi type has been derived from similar craft that have been in use around Indonesia for several centuries.
Nowadays the Phinisi boats are an essence of ancient romantic traditions supplemented with modern design and technology. Phinisi boats are something more than just sailing objects. The Phinisi boats express the spirit of Indonesia and a continuity of maritime tradition in the world of modern yacht charters.
MANTAMAE has been designed and decorated using natural materials. The all-wooden hull design and super structure is based on the traditional Indonesian Phinisi style. The interior has unique mosaic panels created from materials found on the beach such as coral sand shells from Indonesia, combined with fossil woods, labradorite (the power stone of magic) and quartz imported from Madagascar.
Do you want to charter this boat?
Contact us for availability and prices.
– Full board accommodation
– Diving (up to 4 per day).As a general rule there is no diving on arrival and departure day. Missed dives cannot be claimed for a reimbursement.
– Land and/or shore excursions according to Mantamae program/itinerary
– Soft drinks, up to 2 beers per day person, water, tea, coffee, espresso – Nitrox tanks refill, weights and weight belts
– Diving equipment (all Mares brand new equipment)
– Pick up and drop off to embarkation/disembarkation Hotel or Airport – Government taxes
– Administration/port clearance fee
– Welcome drink
– 1 Hour Jet Sky per day (extra hours are subject to Fuel surcharge, ie idr 500.000 p/h)
* please note that due to Marine Conservation rules and National park rules jet sky inside Marine parks is not allowed
– Fishing activity (based on possibility to do in certain areas) – Kayak activity
– Sea Scooter snorkeling activity
– National Parks Entrance Fee
– Fuel Surcharge (up to 5 hours navigation per day no extra fuel surcharge)
– Diving Courses ( see below price list)
– International and domestic flight tickets (Mantamae is happy to give any assistance for the booking)
– Hotels and meals before and after the cruise
– Alcoholic drinks and Wine
– Diving insurance (mandatory ). DAN Insurance, Aquamed or similar. – Travel Insurance (recommended)
– Crew gratuities
– WIFI satellite connection
- Leisure Deck
- Indoor Saloon
- Free kayaks
- Laundry service
- Paid internet
- Daily housekeeping
- Non-diver (snorkeler) friendly
- Outdoor dining
- Audio & video entertainment
- Warm water showers
- Aircon cabins
- Air Conditioned saloon
Foods & Drinks
- Western Food
- Snacks All Day
- Local Food
- Beer available
- Vegetarian Options
- Selection of wines
- DIN Adaptors
- Tenders for diving
- Nitrox available
There is diving gear available to rent on this boat. Please provide your rental needs on the booking form.
You will need to pay for the rental gear on board of the boat.
Drawings & Vessel Layouts
Double and Single
Aircon with control in room
One king size bed room with private bathroom. An additional bed on the right side. The room is equipped with air-conditioning, TV and safety box.
Double and Single
Aircon with control in room
Two spectacular (but different style) queen size bed room with private bathroom and one single bed. All rooms are equipped with air-conditioning, TV and safety box.
- 9 knots
- 7-9 knots
- Mitsubishi M/E type 8DC9 295 HP
- 1 RIB tender 5.2 MT with outboard 100 HP engine +1 RIB tender 4 MT with 25HP engine
Boat Navigation, Communication And Safety Features
- Radio VHF/DSC/SSB
- Emergency Rafts
- Life Vests
- First Aid Kits
- Satellite & mobile phones
- Crew trained in first aid